Saturday, October 01, 2005

The Series of Unfortunate Events Continues...

I don't remember when was the last time I smiled. For the past few weeks, I don't remember that I focused my mind on whatever I'm doing. I can't remember the last time I did appreciate life. And I'm not sure if I'm still the man I have to be.

Everyday is a pain in the ass. Problems magnify, and the way I see things is getting more darker. So dark that I can't seem to clearly see which direction I'm going, and understand if things are still a typical challenge or just signs of a deteriorating life. The reasons why I'm feeling this way may probably be superficial for some people, but for an average man like me it's burdening.

I don't wanna curse anymore but... shit... things were just so bad lately. I got sick that did cost me roughly P5,000 (it's cheap but it was a pain in the butt). Patient First charged me the full amount coz I didn't have my Maxicare Card that time. I called Maxicare to have someone explain to me why I'm screwed. The lady I talked with was kinda pissed because I was already, although in a very calm and low tone, sounding sarcastic. Why should I not? For Satan's sake, they have been a part of my payslip for almost 2 years and then I would just be denied just because I wasn't able to submit one medical certificate to complete my medical requirements. So to get out of Patient First gracefully or without them calling a police, I took the money out of my pocket and give it away. 2 weeks after, I got my Maxicare Card. But it won't help, damage has been done. Damn.

Similar thing goes with Mercury Suki Card (though it's not as valuable as Maxicare). When I first used it, I just grinned when I saw the discount. Never mind.


And just this week, I lost my cellphone.